Just a quick note to let you know that registration for my 2017 Slim, Sexy, & Smart™ program is open!
I’m going to teach you everything you need to know about healthy habits in 21 days flat.
Click here to register for the program. Registration is now open (so you early birds can plan ahead!) and closes December 31st. The program will officially start on January 9th.
I created this program to answer all of your burning questions about how and what you should actually be eating. (Hint: It’s probably not what you think.)
No cleansing, no detoxing, no dieting; just plain good-old-fashion healthy eating & good nutrition.
This program is entirely in a private facebook group to complete at your own pace.
The total program value is well over $600 + –I figured I’d give you the way better end of the deal and sell it for as low as I can go – $150. (This is my cost and what I consider the “good-friend-and-family discount) 🙂
If you need a reminder of all the awesome stuff you get read it here.
Let’s start 2017 putting you on the path of becoming the best version of yourself possible.
Be Merry & Healthy,
FREE Diffuser! Isn’t this gorgeous!?!?
Visit my facebook page to get all the details on how to get the Willow Forest Diffuser for free!
I would like to share with you 10 Tactics For A Less-stress Lifestyle plus don’t forget to RSVP for the Free Event at the end of this email.
Think about which ones you are going to incorporate, so you can start experiencing less stress in your everyday life.
1. Develop a realistic, positive attitude. Learn to accept the things you can’t change.
2. Simplify your schedule to allow more time for daily commitments and tasks. Avoid trying to do too much.
3. Clean up clutter. Then get into the habit of putting things away or ridding of them promptly.
4. Exercise regularly. Aim for 30 minutes a day, five days a week. Turn up your radio and start dancing!
5. Eat right. Foods high in protein, vitamin C, B vitamins, and vitamin A protect us from the effects of stress.
6. Get seven to nine hours of sleep each night. That’s what experts recommend for adults to be at their best both physically and mentally.
7. Make time for yourself each day. Read, listen to music, doing a craft project, pursue a hobby – whatever you find fun and relaxing.
8. Develop a support network of people you can count on for help.
9. Talk things out. Don’t hold in feelings of anger, joy, hurt, sadness, and excitement. If necessary, seek help from a counselor or therapist.
10. Meditate 10 minutes before you start your day to get in a relaxed state of mind. Also, in the evening is a good time to calm down your mind before you turn in for the night.
Place these oils in a diffuser OR mix with fractionated coconut oil in a roller bottle.
I hope these tactics will create more balance and leading a happy, healthy, productive life.
P.S. Want to learn more about essential oils? RSVP for this informative online facebook event!
Each time you move you burn calories, and by the end of the day, these add up. Here are easy ways to “fit in” extra movement at home.
- Turn cleaning your home into a workout. Put on music and dance while you vacuum or dust to help you get moving.
- Home a lot? Consider buying a treadmill or stationary bike. Read or watch TV while you exercise.
- Wash your car by hand, rather than take it to a car wash.
- During TV commercials, get active. Dance around, march, or do jumping jacks in place.
- Do sit-ups or crunches while watching TV.
- Enjoy an after-dinner walk with friends or family. If the conversation’s good, the time will go by quick.
- Sneak in some before-work exercise by getting up half an hour earlier each morning for a jog or walk.
- Walk the dog! You won’t find a happier companion. No dog? Perhaps your neighbor will let you walk theirs.
What are some ways you fit exercise into your day? Join me on Facebook!
Stay fit & healthy,
Looking ahead at the new year, I hope 2016 will be even more exciting for you. If you are ready to Jumpstart your Essential Oil Journey, be sure to grab my soon to be released 7 Day Virtual Course.
Here’s a sneak peek at what we will be covering in the course:
Day 1: Application 101
Day 2: Recipes for You and Your Home
Day 3: Detoxification
Day 4: Natural Beauty Regimen
Day 5: Makeover Your Gym Bag
Day 6: Home Cleaning
Day 7: Your Action Plan
Let’s keep in touch, don’t forget to LIKE my Facebook Page.
Cheers to the New Year!
It’s almost time for the kids to go Back to School, so now is the time to take an inventory of your Essential Oils. Essential oils used regularly as part of your child’s routine will help boost their immune system from those pesky germs and may help improve their concentration.
Here are 6 Must Have’s to use throughout the day:
Peppermint: If you’ve ever inhaled a bottle of doTERRA peppermint oil, you know it instantly perks you up. This oil is great for the morning and afternoon time when the kids are doing their homework. I like to call it the “homework helper” oil!
Wild Orange: This oil is uplifting to the mind and body. Simply place a couple drops in a diffuser 30 minutes before the kids wake up.
Citrus Bliss: Positively affects mood with energizing and refreshing properties. This oil is a blend of Wild Orange peel, Lemon peel, Grapefruit peel, Mandarin peel, Bergamot peel, Tangerine peel, Clementine peel and Vanilla Bean Absolute. O La La!
On Guard: Supports a healthy immune system and has an energizing, uplifting aroma, which is the reason it’s a Must Have. This is one oil that is diffusing in my home all throughout the Fall and Winter months. This oil is a blend of Wild orange, clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
Lavender: For a good night’s sleep place on bottom’s of feet and a couple drops on their pillow case. Night, Night, Sleep tight.
Serenity: If there was one oil that I could not live without, it would have to be Serenity. This oil helps to calm the kids down before bedtime by diffusing it 30 minutes before bedtime. This oil is a blend featuring Lavender, Sweet Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Hawaiian Sandalwood, and vanilla bean.
Stress can definitely take its toll on our bodies in many ways – physically, emotionally and mentally.
I find that when I feel like I don’t have the time to slow down, is actually when I need it the most!
It’s important to take some downtime and take care of YOU. You not only deserve it, but when you’re feeling rested and recharged, you can accomplish more and support others better. It’s not selfish because you’ll actually have more of you to give.
Here is a list to get you started – 22 simple tips to take care of YOU. Pick one that you can start with today – and then remember to do something that brings you joy or makes you feel more centered or relaxed every day (even if that means for just 5 minutes).
- Get enough sleep
- Take the time to prioritize your day each morning (what are the top 2 -3 things you want to get done today?).
- Remember to schedule tasks/appointments, events as evenly as possible throughout the week.
- Reduce time on the computer and TV
- Take deep breaths during the day
- Eat slower
- Connect with family and friends
- Take a vacations (or ‘staycation’)
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help
- Make time for yourself – enjoy a hobby or activity
- Read a book or watch a movie
- Speak to yourself more kindly
- Listen to music
- Open your windows and blinds during the day
- Focus on your goals
- Enjoy a hot bath
- Meditate, pray and/or do yoga
- Get a massage or facial
- Go on a walk
- Focus on the positive
- Keep a gratitude journal
“Find what makes your heart sing and create your own music”
~ Mac Anderson
We All Want To Be Healthy & Feel More Amazing, Right? Get updates here.
Of course we all know that exercise is good for us. Exercise helps us to build muscles, get stronger and lose weight. Not all of us know that it is scientifically proven that exercise makes us smarter, happier and more successful as well as strengthening the immune system.
Exercise helps to relieve symptoms of both depression and anxiety if the exercise is intense and done regularly. Exercise creates better sleeping habits and enhances self esteem.
I found this fat blasting workout from Tribe Sports. Give it a try!
Please comment below and let me know how you liked it.
Push the bar,
Sleep is the foundation that allows you to be your best. Even though rest is one of the body’s essential functions, like eating and breathing, we think it’s OK to skimp on it. Unfortunately, that’s not going to help your health or fitness. Chronic sleep deprivation can lead to crankiness, increase your appetite, and put you at risk for hypertension, and other chronic diseases.
Luckily, a few tweaks to your bedtime routine can help you getting the proper amount of sleep your body needs for optimal health.
Follow these 7 tips for a better sleep tonight.
1. Wind down with yoga. Practicing a few poses before bed may help you to sleep better. Feel like saying “om” now? Try a cat stretch: Get down on all fours and arch your back as you tuck your chin down and exhale. Then inhale as you dip your back and lift your head towards the ceiling.
2. Adjust your thermostat. Keeping your thermostat between 60 – 68 degrees will prep your body for a deep sleep helping to maximize your hormone production.
3. Use essential oils. Serenity helps to sleep more deeply. Serentity is a blend of essential oils with Lavender, sweet marjoram, roman chamomile, ylang ylang, sandalwood and vanilla bean. You can diffuse in the air, apply to the bottom of your feet at bedtime, or add to a warm bath. Serenity creates the perfect escape with its peaceful, renewing fragrance.
4. Stick to a routine. Having a set routine is always the best. We have these internal clocks that regulate mental and physical changes occurring in our bodies each day.
5. Pillow talk. The type of pillow you use is a good indicator of how well you’ll sleep. Feather pillows feel nice, but doesn’t give you the support you need. If you consistently wake up with a stiff neck and shoulders, your pillow may be the issue.
6. Soak it up. A hot bath is good advice as an easy way to relax and get ready for bed. I always put 3-4 drops of Lavender oil in mine as the scent totally relaxes me.
7. Ditch the midnight snack. It’s tempting to have a snack before bedtime especially when your stomach is growling, right? Eating too much at night will do more harm than good. It can make you feel bloated and possibly lead to weight gain over time.