- You have better sleep
- Your skin is glowing
- You are waking up without bags under your eyes
- You are feeling less bloated
- You are walking through the day feeling lighter with every step
- You are eating foods that maybe once called inflammation or some kind of allergic reaction
- You’re looking forward to the next day
- You’re laughing more with your friends
- You’re dreaming bigger
- You’re carving out time within your day that is just for you
Renew in 24 Hours
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in pot with water and turmeric or curry
- powder, if using.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork.
- Steam broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower for 6 minutes.
- Chop spinach, parsley, and red pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together quinoa, steamed vegetables, spinach, red pepper, and parsley.
- Add the raw seeds and drizzle with lemon juice, sea salt, cayenne pepper, and oil.
It’s never just about the food on our plate. Helpful Tips for Self-Care:
- Cuddle up with your favorite blanket, and put a heating pad on your tummy to improve digestion.
- Brew a cup of tea and add your favorite local honey
- Do self-massage each night with coconut oil and your favorite essential oil on your feet and hands.
- Look in the mirror each day and tell yourself, “I love you”
Whether you call it reflection, meditation or prayer, it calms and clears your mind and provides for necessary inner health. Our world is so busy and if we allow the external happenings around us to integrate with our inner peace, stress and physical illness can ensue.
There are many reasons why you should meditate, here a few:
Creates inner peace
Puts us in the present
This meditation will help you to regain feeling in control, removing the victim role and
empowering you to see that you choose how you act and how you react.
Set a timer for 15 minutes. If you have an interval setting, set it to chime at 5 minutes.
Sit with your spine straight, allowing your body to relax.
Allow your breathing to anchor you, focusing on your breaths becoming deeper and slower.
Continue to observe your breath for about five minutes.
Close your eyes, visualizing yourself in a place that naturally inspires peace within you.
Repeat to yourself, “I am peaceful and at ease” with each breath for 10 breaths.
Repeat to yourself, “I have control over my actions and reactions” with each breath for 10 breaths.
Repeat to yourself, “I choose what I allow into my life” with each breath for 10 breaths.
Bring your focus back to your breathing, reassessing your body and allowing any area that may
have begun to tense up to relax. When the timer sounds, gently bring your awareness to your entire body.
As you become ready, open your eyes.
Have you ever meditated before? Comment below on your experience.