We are all busy, some of us have careers, Super Mom, and life can certainly be a juggling act. These are my set of rules that I follow strictly and religiously and you can get that same feeling if you apply these to your life. Here are my top organizational tips to get it all done and not be frazzled.
1. Write everything down. Don’t count on your brain cells to remember it for you. Put everything in your calendar whether it’s on your computer or your mobile phone.
2. Use your notes and reminder app’s on your mobile phone. It’s perfect to make grocery lists, doctor appointments, kids activities, and even that nail color you love at the salon.
3. Paper calendar on my desk. Write down all activities on paper. You may be wondering why you would do this. The value is seeing your month at a glance, so you can see where you can give yourself a break. This will help you to create balance in your life. It’s a great visualization tool for you because you’re not going to be able to see it when your only looking at one day on your phone.
4. Schedule sleep. This is also known as beauty sleep! You will look and feel like a million bucks. Strive for 7-9 hours a night.
5. Learn to say “No”. This two letter word is hard to say, but is the most freeing. If you’re not taking time for yourself you can’t take care of anyone else.
6. Prioritize exercise, healthy eating and quiet time. It’s so important to have lifestyle habits that create a productive and healthy life. Take some time to schedule in exercise and prepare healthy meals. Rejuvenate with having some silence without all the electronics. Read a book or meditate, while diffusing your favorite essential oil.
7. Declutter your life. Wasting time trying to find things is so unproductive. Have a designated place for your things. I can’t tell you how much time I spent trying to find my keys or glasses.
I hope these tips will create better planning, balance and leading a happy, healthy, productive life. With these tips you will become more efficient in getting things done as a Mom, spouse and as an individual.
Go out there and Be Prepared to take on what life throws at you. Let’s keep in touch, don’t forget to subscribe.
These nifty little roller balls are packed with relaxation, energy, balance, and confidence. A blend of essential oils and fractionated coconut oil makes the perfect recipe to combat your symptoms.
AND did I mention they smell Amazing!!!
The basic recipe is 5-10 drops of each oil and fill remaining with fractioned coconut oil. I always start with 5 drops of each oil then inhale and see if I need to add more to get the perfect scent I like.
1. RENEW BALANCE – Bergamot, Vetiver, Patchouli, and Ginger. Apply behind knees and on the wrist.
2. INNER CONFIDENCE – Sandalwood, Patchouli, Orange, Ginger, Bergamot, and Ylang Ylang. Apply on sacrum and lower abdomen.
3. ENERGY – Patchouli, Orange, & Peppermint. This helps to reduce anxiety and have a positive, energetic attitude. Apply behind ears, back of neck, or wrists.
4. RELAXATION – Lavender, Frankincense, Myrrh, and Sandalwood. This blend is healing and relaxes the worn mind. It’s anti-aging and rejuvenating. Apply to bottoms of feet.
Hope you give these a try! What are your favorite blends?
Disclaimer: These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. DoTerra products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women or persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any doTERRA products.
I don’t know about you, but I love a simple fresh recipe that bursts with color and flavor. As a board certified health coach and gluten free guru, I look for simple recipes that are loaded with nutrients and keeps me satisfied for hours. This is one of my personal favorites. You can make it and store for up to 3 days and keep it for whenever you need something quick & satisfying.
Photo credit: Myrecipes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 drop basil essential oil
1 drop oregano essential oil
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
10 ounces spinach
1/3 cup plain yogurt
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1. In a sauté pan mix olive, basil, and oregano oils.
2. Add green onions and garlic, and sauté on medium heat until tender.
3. Add spinach in small bunches until wilted and heated through. Set aside.
4. Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper together.
5. Add yogurt to egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Place drained spinach mixture in a nonstick cake or pie pan.
7. Pour egg mixture over spinach and gently mix.
8. Add feta and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, until firm.