Category Archives: Recipes with Love
- You have better sleep
- Your skin is glowing
- You are waking up without bags under your eyes
- You are feeling less bloated
- You are walking through the day feeling lighter with every step
- You are eating foods that maybe once called inflammation or some kind of allergic reaction
- You’re looking forward to the next day
- You’re laughing more with your friends
- You’re dreaming bigger
- You’re carving out time within your day that is just for you
Renew in 24 Hours
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in pot with water and turmeric or curry
- powder, if using.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork.
- Steam broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower for 6 minutes.
- Chop spinach, parsley, and red pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together quinoa, steamed vegetables, spinach, red pepper, and parsley.
- Add the raw seeds and drizzle with lemon juice, sea salt, cayenne pepper, and oil.
It’s never just about the food on our plate. Helpful Tips for Self-Care:
- Cuddle up with your favorite blanket, and put a heating pad on your tummy to improve digestion.
- Brew a cup of tea and add your favorite local honey
- Do self-massage each night with coconut oil and your favorite essential oil on your feet and hands.
- Look in the mirror each day and tell yourself, “I love you”
I would like to share with you 10 Tactics For A Less-stress Lifestyle plus don’t forget to RSVP for the Free Event at the end of this email.
Think about which ones you are going to incorporate, so you can start experiencing less stress in your everyday life.
1. Develop a realistic, positive attitude. Learn to accept the things you can’t change.
2. Simplify your schedule to allow more time for daily commitments and tasks. Avoid trying to do too much.
3. Clean up clutter. Then get into the habit of putting things away or ridding of them promptly.
4. Exercise regularly. Aim for 30 minutes a day, five days a week. Turn up your radio and start dancing!
5. Eat right. Foods high in protein, vitamin C, B vitamins, and vitamin A protect us from the effects of stress.
6. Get seven to nine hours of sleep each night. That’s what experts recommend for adults to be at their best both physically and mentally.
7. Make time for yourself each day. Read, listen to music, doing a craft project, pursue a hobby – whatever you find fun and relaxing.
8. Develop a support network of people you can count on for help.
9. Talk things out. Don’t hold in feelings of anger, joy, hurt, sadness, and excitement. If necessary, seek help from a counselor or therapist.
10. Meditate 10 minutes before you start your day to get in a relaxed state of mind. Also, in the evening is a good time to calm down your mind before you turn in for the night.
Place these oils in a diffuser OR mix with fractionated coconut oil in a roller bottle.
I hope these tactics will create more balance and leading a happy, healthy, productive life.
P.S. Want to learn more about essential oils? RSVP for this informative online facebook event!
3 Ingredient Lip Moisturizer (All-Natural)
Have you ever looked at the ingredients in store-bought lip moisturizers? I will cringe at them, which is why I came up with my own recipe.
Heal and protect your lips with this easy recipe. Melt all 3 ingredients and place in glass jars. Add your essential oil drops and place in fridge to set. Once set, put one in your purse and the rest you can give as gifts.
For more ideas like these, subscribe at www.SharonHolisticLiving.com
Looking ahead at the new year, I hope 2016 will be even more exciting for you. If you are ready to Jumpstart your Essential Oil Journey, be sure to grab my soon to be released 7 Day Virtual Course.
Here’s a sneak peek at what we will be covering in the course:
Day 1: Application 101
Day 2: Recipes for You and Your Home
Day 3: Detoxification
Day 4: Natural Beauty Regimen
Day 5: Makeover Your Gym Bag
Day 6: Home Cleaning
Day 7: Your Action Plan
Let’s keep in touch, don’t forget to LIKE my Facebook Page.
Cheers to the New Year!
These nifty little roller balls are packed with relaxation, energy, balance, and confidence. A blend of essential oils and fractionated coconut oil makes the perfect recipe to combat your symptoms.
AND did I mention they smell Amazing!!!
The basic recipe is 5-10 drops of each oil and fill remaining with fractioned coconut oil. I always start with 5 drops of each oil then inhale and see if I need to add more to get the perfect scent I like.
1. RENEW BALANCE – Bergamot, Vetiver, Patchouli, and Ginger. Apply behind knees and on the wrist.
2. INNER CONFIDENCE – Sandalwood, Patchouli, Orange, Ginger, Bergamot, and Ylang Ylang. Apply on sacrum and lower abdomen.
3. ENERGY – Patchouli, Orange, & Peppermint. This helps to reduce anxiety and have a positive, energetic attitude. Apply behind ears, back of neck, or wrists.
4. RELAXATION – Lavender, Frankincense, Myrrh, and Sandalwood. This blend is healing and relaxes the worn mind. It’s anti-aging and rejuvenating. Apply to bottoms of feet.
Hope you give these a try! What are your favorite blends?
Disclaimer: These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. DoTerra products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women or persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any doTERRA products.
26 SECONDS is all it takes for chemicals in your personal care products to enter your bloodstream. Have you ever wanted to try an all-natural beauty recipe and thought it takes too much time? Well… I’m here to tell you it’s easier than you think.
With the weather getting warmer, it’s time to combat those dry areas (knees, elbows, bottoms of feet or over your entire body). You deserve to give yourself some self-care with this easy recipe. I even recommend you use it on your hands!
The Primary Benefits of Cinnamon are:
- Promotes circulation
- Maintains a healthy immune system
- Helps alleviate sore muscles and joints
The Fractionated Coconut Oil and Cinnamon Essential Oil can be found here. Making scrubs are easy and fun to try different scents with essential oils. What are some of your favorite essential oil scents?
Keeping it real!
Source: DoTerra tools
Comfort Vegetable Soup
This is one of my family favorite meals. It’s so healthy for you and tastes delicious!
4 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
2 Garlic Cloves
1/4 Cup Onion
3 Celery Stalks, chopped
2 Tomatoes, chopped
2 Zuchinni, peeled and chopped
1 Yellow Squash, peeled and chopped
2 Red potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped
6 Brussel sprouts
2 Handfuls of Asparagus
1 Cup Carrots
1 Cup Green Beans
1 Cup of Brown Rice
Combine all ingredients in pot with broth except the Brown Rice. Cook for 1 1/2 hours and add Brown Rice the last 10 minutes.
Get Your Glow On
DIY Healing Salve
Healing Salve is very simple to make. Just apply to the dry areas of your body (knees, elbows, and feet).
1.5 ounces of Organic Beeswax
1.5 ounces of Cocoa Butter
4 ounces of Olive Oil
10 drops of your favorite essential oil
1. Melt the beeswax and cocoa butter in a double boiler over low heat until melted.
2. Remove from heat and add the olive oil and essential oils.
3. Stir and pour in glass jars.
Makes approximately 7 ounces
Isn’t it time to get back to the basics of living a healthy & simple life? Let’s start by nourishing our bodies on the outside in. If you liked this recipe, comment below. I would love to hear from you!
When you cook more meals at home, not only do you tend to eat healthier, but you can also save time, money and calories.
If you cook a meal and make a double or triple batch, you’ll have left overs for lunches or another dinner. By cooking once and eating two or three times, you are being extremely efficient with your time, money and calories.
It’s much easier to eat healthy when you’re the one selecting the ingredients and preparing the meals. I know it takes more time to plan and prepare yourself, but if you are looking to lose or maintain weight, feel better and save money, it’s definitely worth the effort.
On the nights that I know we have other activities going on with the kids, the crockpot is a HUGE help!
What nights can you plan to cook at home this week?
Need dinner ideas? There are so many great websites for recipe ideas including:
- eMeals.com (this is a paid service that sends you 5 recipes each week based on the dietary style you choose)
- My blog has recipes you can try too!
If life is just way too hectic, you can use services like Dream Dinners or Super Suppers where you go to their location and assemble your meals. You bring the assembled meals home and freeze them and use as needed. You’ll spend 30-60 minutes at their studio and can make enough meals for a week or a month AND no clean up. This option is super convenient!
Spring Pea Soup
I love this soup because you use fresh, seasonal ingredients and it makes me think of Spring! It’s pretty quick to put together too, and you’ll have enough soup for leftovers. Here are just a few health benefits of peas:
1. The lutein and vitamin A in peas protects your eyes.
2. Both the fiber and lutein in peas improve heart health by lowering cholesterol and preventing the buildup of plaque along your artery walls.
3.Eating peas can help you meet your daily fiber needs. A 1/2-cup serving contains 4.4 grams of fiber, more than 1 cup of oatmeal with 4 grams of fiber and a 1/2 cup of cooked broccoli with 2.6 grams of fiber. The fiber in peas can help you better manage your weight by keeping you feeling full longer.
2 pounds of peas, shelled
2 2/3 cup organic vegetable stock
2 2/3 cup cold water
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Stevia (start with 2 tsp. and add more if you’d like)
1. Boil peas for about 10 minutes until soft. Drain and pour into bowl of ice water (this will keep them bright green). Drain again.
2. Cover peas in pot with stock and cold water. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour mixture into blender, add stevia, and puree on medium-high speed. Serve hot or cold.
Make four servings
Subscribe to my newsletter for more tips on eating healthy!