Category Archives: LOVE Your Body
Just a quick note to let you know that registration for my 2017 Slim, Sexy, & Smart™ program is open!
I’m going to teach you everything you need to know about healthy habits in 21 days flat.
Click here to register for the program. Registration is now open (so you early birds can plan ahead!) and closes December 31st. The program will officially start on January 9th.
I created this program to answer all of your burning questions about how and what you should actually be eating. (Hint: It’s probably not what you think.)
No cleansing, no detoxing, no dieting; just plain good-old-fashion healthy eating & good nutrition.
This program is entirely in a private facebook group to complete at your own pace.
The total program value is well over $600 + –I figured I’d give you the way better end of the deal and sell it for as low as I can go – $150. (This is my cost and what I consider the “good-friend-and-family discount) 🙂
If you need a reminder of all the awesome stuff you get read it here.
Let’s start 2017 putting you on the path of becoming the best version of yourself possible.
Be Merry & Healthy,
- You have better sleep
- Your skin is glowing
- You are waking up without bags under your eyes
- You are feeling less bloated
- You are walking through the day feeling lighter with every step
- You are eating foods that maybe once called inflammation or some kind of allergic reaction
- You’re looking forward to the next day
- You’re laughing more with your friends
- You’re dreaming bigger
- You’re carving out time within your day that is just for you
Renew in 24 Hours
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in pot with water and turmeric or curry
- powder, if using.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork.
- Steam broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower for 6 minutes.
- Chop spinach, parsley, and red pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together quinoa, steamed vegetables, spinach, red pepper, and parsley.
- Add the raw seeds and drizzle with lemon juice, sea salt, cayenne pepper, and oil.
It’s never just about the food on our plate. Helpful Tips for Self-Care:
- Cuddle up with your favorite blanket, and put a heating pad on your tummy to improve digestion.
- Brew a cup of tea and add your favorite local honey
- Do self-massage each night with coconut oil and your favorite essential oil on your feet and hands.
- Look in the mirror each day and tell yourself, “I love you”
FREE Diffuser! Isn’t this gorgeous!?!?
Visit my facebook page to get all the details on how to get the Willow Forest Diffuser for free!
I would like to share with you 10 Tactics For A Less-stress Lifestyle plus don’t forget to RSVP for the Free Event at the end of this email.
Think about which ones you are going to incorporate, so you can start experiencing less stress in your everyday life.
1. Develop a realistic, positive attitude. Learn to accept the things you can’t change.
2. Simplify your schedule to allow more time for daily commitments and tasks. Avoid trying to do too much.
3. Clean up clutter. Then get into the habit of putting things away or ridding of them promptly.
4. Exercise regularly. Aim for 30 minutes a day, five days a week. Turn up your radio and start dancing!
5. Eat right. Foods high in protein, vitamin C, B vitamins, and vitamin A protect us from the effects of stress.
6. Get seven to nine hours of sleep each night. That’s what experts recommend for adults to be at their best both physically and mentally.
7. Make time for yourself each day. Read, listen to music, doing a craft project, pursue a hobby – whatever you find fun and relaxing.
8. Develop a support network of people you can count on for help.
9. Talk things out. Don’t hold in feelings of anger, joy, hurt, sadness, and excitement. If necessary, seek help from a counselor or therapist.
10. Meditate 10 minutes before you start your day to get in a relaxed state of mind. Also, in the evening is a good time to calm down your mind before you turn in for the night.
Place these oils in a diffuser OR mix with fractionated coconut oil in a roller bottle.
I hope these tactics will create more balance and leading a happy, healthy, productive life.
P.S. Want to learn more about essential oils? RSVP for this informative online facebook event!
Each time you move you burn calories, and by the end of the day, these add up. Here are easy ways to “fit in” extra movement at home.
- Turn cleaning your home into a workout. Put on music and dance while you vacuum or dust to help you get moving.
- Home a lot? Consider buying a treadmill or stationary bike. Read or watch TV while you exercise.
- Wash your car by hand, rather than take it to a car wash.
- During TV commercials, get active. Dance around, march, or do jumping jacks in place.
- Do sit-ups or crunches while watching TV.
- Enjoy an after-dinner walk with friends or family. If the conversation’s good, the time will go by quick.
- Sneak in some before-work exercise by getting up half an hour earlier each morning for a jog or walk.
- Walk the dog! You won’t find a happier companion. No dog? Perhaps your neighbor will let you walk theirs.
What are some ways you fit exercise into your day? Join me on Facebook!
Stay fit & healthy,
3 Ingredient Lip Moisturizer (All-Natural)
Have you ever looked at the ingredients in store-bought lip moisturizers? I will cringe at them, which is why I came up with my own recipe.
Heal and protect your lips with this easy recipe. Melt all 3 ingredients and place in glass jars. Add your essential oil drops and place in fridge to set. Once set, put one in your purse and the rest you can give as gifts.
For more ideas like these, subscribe at www.SharonHolisticLiving.com
We are all busy, some of us have careers, Super Mom, and life can certainly be a juggling act. These are my set of rules that I follow strictly and religiously and you can get that same feeling if you apply these to your life. Here are my top organizational tips to get it all done and not be frazzled.
1. Write everything down. Don’t count on your brain cells to remember it for you. Put everything in your calendar whether it’s on your computer or your mobile phone.
2. Use your notes and reminder app’s on your mobile phone. It’s perfect to make grocery lists, doctor appointments, kids activities, and even that nail color you love at the salon.
3. Paper calendar on my desk. Write down all activities on paper. You may be wondering why you would do this. The value is seeing your month at a glance, so you can see where you can give yourself a break. This will help you to create balance in your life. It’s a great visualization tool for you because you’re not going to be able to see it when your only looking at one day on your phone.
4. Schedule sleep. This is also known as beauty sleep! You will look and feel like a million bucks. Strive for 7-9 hours a night.
5. Learn to say “No”. This two letter word is hard to say, but is the most freeing. If you’re not taking time for yourself you can’t take care of anyone else.
6. Prioritize exercise, healthy eating and quiet time. It’s so important to have lifestyle habits that create a productive and healthy life. Take some time to schedule in exercise and prepare healthy meals. Rejuvenate with having some silence without all the electronics. Read a book or meditate, while diffusing your favorite essential oil.
7. Declutter your life. Wasting time trying to find things is so unproductive. Have a designated place for your things. I can’t tell you how much time I spent trying to find my keys or glasses.
I hope these tips will create better planning, balance and leading a happy, healthy, productive life. With these tips you will become more efficient in getting things done as a Mom, spouse and as an individual.
Go out there and Be Prepared to take on what life throws at you. Let’s keep in touch, don’t forget to subscribe.
Looking ahead at the new year, I hope 2016 will be even more exciting for you. If you are ready to Jumpstart your Essential Oil Journey, be sure to grab my soon to be released 7 Day Virtual Course.
Here’s a sneak peek at what we will be covering in the course:
Day 1: Application 101
Day 2: Recipes for You and Your Home
Day 3: Detoxification
Day 4: Natural Beauty Regimen
Day 5: Makeover Your Gym Bag
Day 6: Home Cleaning
Day 7: Your Action Plan
Let’s keep in touch, don’t forget to LIKE my Facebook Page.
Cheers to the New Year!
Cinnamon helps you to maintain a Healthy Immune System. It’s considered a “Hot” oil, so a little goes a long way.
Here are some ways to incorporate Cinnamon oil into your daily life:
1. Mix a drop of cinnamon oil and raw, organic honey into hot water. Sip & Enjoy!
2. Add a burst of flavor to your coffee. Wakey, Wakey!
3. Mix into butters, yogurt or cheese spreads to enhance the flavor.
4. Don’t forget about adding it to your fruit juices and ciders.
5. Protein shake with Cinnamon? Oh Yeah!!!
6. Add cinnamon oil to an empty capsule (supplement) and swallow with 8 oz. of water.
What are some ways you like to use Cinnamon Oil for? Leave a comment below.
Live, Life, Love,
These nifty little roller balls are packed with relaxation, energy, balance, and confidence. A blend of essential oils and fractionated coconut oil makes the perfect recipe to combat your symptoms.
AND did I mention they smell Amazing!!!
The basic recipe is 5-10 drops of each oil and fill remaining with fractioned coconut oil. I always start with 5 drops of each oil then inhale and see if I need to add more to get the perfect scent I like.
1. RENEW BALANCE – Bergamot, Vetiver, Patchouli, and Ginger. Apply behind knees and on the wrist.
2. INNER CONFIDENCE – Sandalwood, Patchouli, Orange, Ginger, Bergamot, and Ylang Ylang. Apply on sacrum and lower abdomen.
3. ENERGY – Patchouli, Orange, & Peppermint. This helps to reduce anxiety and have a positive, energetic attitude. Apply behind ears, back of neck, or wrists.
4. RELAXATION – Lavender, Frankincense, Myrrh, and Sandalwood. This blend is healing and relaxes the worn mind. It’s anti-aging and rejuvenating. Apply to bottoms of feet.
Hope you give these a try! What are your favorite blends?
Disclaimer: These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. DoTerra products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women or persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any doTERRA products.