Category Archives: LOVE oils
- You have better sleep
- Your skin is glowing
- You are waking up without bags under your eyes
- You are feeling less bloated
- You are walking through the day feeling lighter with every step
- You are eating foods that maybe once called inflammation or some kind of allergic reaction
- You’re looking forward to the next day
- You’re laughing more with your friends
- You’re dreaming bigger
- You’re carving out time within your day that is just for you
Renew in 24 Hours
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in pot with water and turmeric or curry
- powder, if using.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork.
- Steam broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower for 6 minutes.
- Chop spinach, parsley, and red pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together quinoa, steamed vegetables, spinach, red pepper, and parsley.
- Add the raw seeds and drizzle with lemon juice, sea salt, cayenne pepper, and oil.
It’s never just about the food on our plate. Helpful Tips for Self-Care:
- Cuddle up with your favorite blanket, and put a heating pad on your tummy to improve digestion.
- Brew a cup of tea and add your favorite local honey
- Do self-massage each night with coconut oil and your favorite essential oil on your feet and hands.
- Look in the mirror each day and tell yourself, “I love you”
FREE Diffuser! Isn’t this gorgeous!?!?
Visit my facebook page to get all the details on how to get the Willow Forest Diffuser for free!
I would like to share with you 10 Tactics For A Less-stress Lifestyle plus don’t forget to RSVP for the Free Event at the end of this email.
Think about which ones you are going to incorporate, so you can start experiencing less stress in your everyday life.
1. Develop a realistic, positive attitude. Learn to accept the things you can’t change.
2. Simplify your schedule to allow more time for daily commitments and tasks. Avoid trying to do too much.
3. Clean up clutter. Then get into the habit of putting things away or ridding of them promptly.
4. Exercise regularly. Aim for 30 minutes a day, five days a week. Turn up your radio and start dancing!
5. Eat right. Foods high in protein, vitamin C, B vitamins, and vitamin A protect us from the effects of stress.
6. Get seven to nine hours of sleep each night. That’s what experts recommend for adults to be at their best both physically and mentally.
7. Make time for yourself each day. Read, listen to music, doing a craft project, pursue a hobby – whatever you find fun and relaxing.
8. Develop a support network of people you can count on for help.
9. Talk things out. Don’t hold in feelings of anger, joy, hurt, sadness, and excitement. If necessary, seek help from a counselor or therapist.
10. Meditate 10 minutes before you start your day to get in a relaxed state of mind. Also, in the evening is a good time to calm down your mind before you turn in for the night.
Place these oils in a diffuser OR mix with fractionated coconut oil in a roller bottle.
I hope these tactics will create more balance and leading a happy, healthy, productive life.
P.S. Want to learn more about essential oils? RSVP for this informative online facebook event!
3 Ingredient Lip Moisturizer (All-Natural)
Have you ever looked at the ingredients in store-bought lip moisturizers? I will cringe at them, which is why I came up with my own recipe.
Heal and protect your lips with this easy recipe. Melt all 3 ingredients and place in glass jars. Add your essential oil drops and place in fridge to set. Once set, put one in your purse and the rest you can give as gifts.
For more ideas like these, subscribe at www.SharonHolisticLiving.com
Looking ahead at the new year, I hope 2016 will be even more exciting for you. If you are ready to Jumpstart your Essential Oil Journey, be sure to grab my soon to be released 7 Day Virtual Course.
Here’s a sneak peek at what we will be covering in the course:
Day 1: Application 101
Day 2: Recipes for You and Your Home
Day 3: Detoxification
Day 4: Natural Beauty Regimen
Day 5: Makeover Your Gym Bag
Day 6: Home Cleaning
Day 7: Your Action Plan
Let’s keep in touch, don’t forget to LIKE my Facebook Page.
Cheers to the New Year!
Cinnamon helps you to maintain a Healthy Immune System. It’s considered a “Hot” oil, so a little goes a long way.
Here are some ways to incorporate Cinnamon oil into your daily life:
1. Mix a drop of cinnamon oil and raw, organic honey into hot water. Sip & Enjoy!
2. Add a burst of flavor to your coffee. Wakey, Wakey!
3. Mix into butters, yogurt or cheese spreads to enhance the flavor.
4. Don’t forget about adding it to your fruit juices and ciders.
5. Protein shake with Cinnamon? Oh Yeah!!!
6. Add cinnamon oil to an empty capsule (supplement) and swallow with 8 oz. of water.
What are some ways you like to use Cinnamon Oil for? Leave a comment below.
Live, Life, Love,
It’s almost time for the kids to go Back to School, so now is the time to take an inventory of your Essential Oils. Essential oils used regularly as part of your child’s routine will help boost their immune system from those pesky germs and may help improve their concentration.
Here are 6 Must Have’s to use throughout the day:
Peppermint: If you’ve ever inhaled a bottle of doTERRA peppermint oil, you know it instantly perks you up. This oil is great for the morning and afternoon time when the kids are doing their homework. I like to call it the “homework helper” oil!
Wild Orange: This oil is uplifting to the mind and body. Simply place a couple drops in a diffuser 30 minutes before the kids wake up.
Citrus Bliss: Positively affects mood with energizing and refreshing properties. This oil is a blend of Wild Orange peel, Lemon peel, Grapefruit peel, Mandarin peel, Bergamot peel, Tangerine peel, Clementine peel and Vanilla Bean Absolute. O La La!
On Guard: Supports a healthy immune system and has an energizing, uplifting aroma, which is the reason it’s a Must Have. This is one oil that is diffusing in my home all throughout the Fall and Winter months. This oil is a blend of Wild orange, clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
Lavender: For a good night’s sleep place on bottom’s of feet and a couple drops on their pillow case. Night, Night, Sleep tight.
Serenity: If there was one oil that I could not live without, it would have to be Serenity. This oil helps to calm the kids down before bedtime by diffusing it 30 minutes before bedtime. This oil is a blend featuring Lavender, Sweet Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Hawaiian Sandalwood, and vanilla bean.
Hello! If you’re new to essential oils, you’re probably wondering what they are. At first, I thought they were to make your house smell good. BOY, was I wrong! I quickly discovered these powerful oils are so much more than that.
My first purchase was a bottle of Lavender oil because it smelled so good and I was having trouble sleeping at night. I would place a drop on the bottoms of my feet each night. It actually worked! My sleep was so good that I couldn’t believe I was sleeping so much better than I had in a long time. After that experience, I decided to dive right in.
Best decision I ever made.
My family used the oils for headaches, toe fungus ( I know TMI!), aches & pains, sleep, and I can go on and on about the many ways to use them.
If I had to pick my favorite Essential Oil, it would have to be Lavender.
If you’ve ever walked by a lavender bush, you would know what I’m talking about!
Here are my favorite 3 ways I like to use it:
Sweet Dreams: Simply place drops of Lavender on your pillow at night….inhale the magic. It helps you to get a better night’s rest with a feeling of calmness and relaxation.
Seize the Oats: For a natural scrub, fill a baby food jar with oatmeal and add in 5-8 drops of lavender oil. Wet your face, apply scrub, and get your glow on!
In the Zone: Your mind is spinning in all different directions, your muscles are tight. Sound familiar? Add a few drops to your warm bath and soak for 10-15 minutes. Feel your stress go away.
I want the best for me and my family and you should too. Natural solutions aren’t just for life’s emergencies. These little powerful oils have been a wonderful blessing in my life and I never would have known about it if someone hadn’t thought to share it with me.
Let’s Get Started!
These nifty little roller balls are packed with relaxation, energy, balance, and confidence. A blend of essential oils and fractionated coconut oil makes the perfect recipe to combat your symptoms.
AND did I mention they smell Amazing!!!
The basic recipe is 5-10 drops of each oil and fill remaining with fractioned coconut oil. I always start with 5 drops of each oil then inhale and see if I need to add more to get the perfect scent I like.
1. RENEW BALANCE – Bergamot, Vetiver, Patchouli, and Ginger. Apply behind knees and on the wrist.
2. INNER CONFIDENCE – Sandalwood, Patchouli, Orange, Ginger, Bergamot, and Ylang Ylang. Apply on sacrum and lower abdomen.
3. ENERGY – Patchouli, Orange, & Peppermint. This helps to reduce anxiety and have a positive, energetic attitude. Apply behind ears, back of neck, or wrists.
4. RELAXATION – Lavender, Frankincense, Myrrh, and Sandalwood. This blend is healing and relaxes the worn mind. It’s anti-aging and rejuvenating. Apply to bottoms of feet.
Hope you give these a try! What are your favorite blends?
Disclaimer: These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. DoTerra products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women or persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any doTERRA products.
26 SECONDS is all it takes for chemicals in your personal care products to enter your bloodstream. Have you ever wanted to try an all-natural beauty recipe and thought it takes too much time? Well… I’m here to tell you it’s easier than you think.
With the weather getting warmer, it’s time to combat those dry areas (knees, elbows, bottoms of feet or over your entire body). You deserve to give yourself some self-care with this easy recipe. I even recommend you use it on your hands!
The Primary Benefits of Cinnamon are:
- Promotes circulation
- Maintains a healthy immune system
- Helps alleviate sore muscles and joints
The Fractionated Coconut Oil and Cinnamon Essential Oil can be found here. Making scrubs are easy and fun to try different scents with essential oils. What are some of your favorite essential oil scents?
Keeping it real!
Source: DoTerra tools