Monthly Archives: February 2016
- You have better sleep
- Your skin is glowing
- You are waking up without bags under your eyes
- You are feeling less bloated
- You are walking through the day feeling lighter with every step
- You are eating foods that maybe once called inflammation or some kind of allergic reaction
- You’re looking forward to the next day
- You’re laughing more with your friends
- You’re dreaming bigger
- You’re carving out time within your day that is just for you
Renew in 24 Hours
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in pot with water and turmeric or curry
- powder, if using.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork.
- Steam broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower for 6 minutes.
- Chop spinach, parsley, and red pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together quinoa, steamed vegetables, spinach, red pepper, and parsley.
- Add the raw seeds and drizzle with lemon juice, sea salt, cayenne pepper, and oil.
It’s never just about the food on our plate. Helpful Tips for Self-Care:
- Cuddle up with your favorite blanket, and put a heating pad on your tummy to improve digestion.
- Brew a cup of tea and add your favorite local honey
- Do self-massage each night with coconut oil and your favorite essential oil on your feet and hands.
- Look in the mirror each day and tell yourself, “I love you”
FREE Diffuser! Isn’t this gorgeous!?!?
Visit my facebook page to get all the details on how to get the Willow Forest Diffuser for free!
I would like to share with you 10 Tactics For A Less-stress Lifestyle plus don’t forget to RSVP for the Free Event at the end of this email.
Think about which ones you are going to incorporate, so you can start experiencing less stress in your everyday life.
1. Develop a realistic, positive attitude. Learn to accept the things you can’t change.
2. Simplify your schedule to allow more time for daily commitments and tasks. Avoid trying to do too much.
3. Clean up clutter. Then get into the habit of putting things away or ridding of them promptly.
4. Exercise regularly. Aim for 30 minutes a day, five days a week. Turn up your radio and start dancing!
5. Eat right. Foods high in protein, vitamin C, B vitamins, and vitamin A protect us from the effects of stress.
6. Get seven to nine hours of sleep each night. That’s what experts recommend for adults to be at their best both physically and mentally.
7. Make time for yourself each day. Read, listen to music, doing a craft project, pursue a hobby – whatever you find fun and relaxing.
8. Develop a support network of people you can count on for help.
9. Talk things out. Don’t hold in feelings of anger, joy, hurt, sadness, and excitement. If necessary, seek help from a counselor or therapist.
10. Meditate 10 minutes before you start your day to get in a relaxed state of mind. Also, in the evening is a good time to calm down your mind before you turn in for the night.
Place these oils in a diffuser OR mix with fractionated coconut oil in a roller bottle.
I hope these tactics will create more balance and leading a happy, healthy, productive life.
P.S. Want to learn more about essential oils? RSVP for this informative online facebook event!
Each time you move you burn calories, and by the end of the day, these add up. Here are easy ways to “fit in” extra movement at home.
- Turn cleaning your home into a workout. Put on music and dance while you vacuum or dust to help you get moving.
- Home a lot? Consider buying a treadmill or stationary bike. Read or watch TV while you exercise.
- Wash your car by hand, rather than take it to a car wash.
- During TV commercials, get active. Dance around, march, or do jumping jacks in place.
- Do sit-ups or crunches while watching TV.
- Enjoy an after-dinner walk with friends or family. If the conversation’s good, the time will go by quick.
- Sneak in some before-work exercise by getting up half an hour earlier each morning for a jog or walk.
- Walk the dog! You won’t find a happier companion. No dog? Perhaps your neighbor will let you walk theirs.
What are some ways you fit exercise into your day? Join me on Facebook!
Stay fit & healthy,