7 tips to get your life in balance
We are all busy, some of us have careers, Super Mom, and life can certainly be a juggling act. These are my set of rules that I follow strictly and religiously and you can get that same feeling if you apply these to your life. Here are my top organizational tips to get it all done and not be frazzled.
1. Write everything down. Don’t count on your brain cells to remember it for you. Put everything in your calendar whether it’s on your computer or your mobile phone.
2. Use your notes and reminder app’s on your mobile phone. It’s perfect to make grocery lists, doctor appointments, kids activities, and even that nail color you love at the salon.
3. Paper calendar on my desk. Write down all activities on paper. You may be wondering why you would do this. The value is seeing your month at a glance, so you can see where you can give yourself a break. This will help you to create balance in your life. It’s a great visualization tool for you because you’re not going to be able to see it when your only looking at one day on your phone.
4. Schedule sleep. This is also known as beauty sleep! You will look and feel like a million bucks. Strive for 7-9 hours a night.
5. Learn to say “No”. This two letter word is hard to say, but is the most freeing. If you’re not taking time for yourself you can’t take care of anyone else.
6. Prioritize exercise, healthy eating and quiet time. It’s so important to have lifestyle habits that create a productive and healthy life. Take some time to schedule in exercise and prepare healthy meals. Rejuvenate with having some silence without all the electronics. Read a book or meditate, while diffusing your favorite essential oil.
7. Declutter your life. Wasting time trying to find things is so unproductive. Have a designated place for your things. I can’t tell you how much time I spent trying to find my keys or glasses.
I hope these tips will create better planning, balance and leading a happy, healthy, productive life. With these tips you will become more efficient in getting things done as a Mom, spouse and as an individual.
Go out there and Be Prepared to take on what life throws at you. Let’s keep in touch, don’t forget to subscribe.