Planning Your First Essential Oil Event
Welcome! Your event is an exciting time and it’s when you will officially introduce your business to the world! The purpose of your first event to to generate interest, leads, bookings and introducing them to the product. Don’t worry if everyone doesn’t buy something that first time. Your event is all about preparation, so here are some helpful tips:
1. Hold three events over a period of 2 days for 2 hours each. For example, you may want to have an event on Friday evening from 6-8, Saturday 12-2pm, and 6-8pm. This allows flexibility that someone may be available as everyone seems to be very busy these days.
2. You will want to set up a nice display with a tablecloth, stand to display your oils, flowers (optional), cotton squares to put a drop of oil on it so people are not accidentally touching their noses on the bottle when smelling.
3. You will want to invite everyone you know using email, text, phone, mail, evite, and social media.
- Kid’s contacts
You will want to follow-up with everyone you invited a week in advance and then the day before the event.
4. Kits make it easy to introduce family and friends. It typically includes ISSUES OF MAGAZINES, SAMPLE BOTTLES OF ESSENTIAL OILS and INVITATION CARDS.
5. Finally! I want to share with you a secret. The secret is in the follow-up. You will want to follow-up with your leads within 24 hours to get a firm date on the calendar. Be sure to send each guest a personal note whether they purchased or not. They came to your event and supported you and you never know if they are interested in holding an event of their own.
Be sure to let your mentor know when you have your first event scheduled so they can help you with any questions.
Cheers to your success!