Monthly Archives: May 2014
Spring Pea Soup
I love this soup because you use fresh, seasonal ingredients and it makes me think of Spring! It’s pretty quick to put together too, and you’ll have enough soup for leftovers. Here are just a few health benefits of peas:
1. The lutein and vitamin A in peas protects your eyes.
2. Both the fiber and lutein in peas improve heart health by lowering cholesterol and preventing the buildup of plaque along your artery walls.
3.Eating peas can help you meet your daily fiber needs. A 1/2-cup serving contains 4.4 grams of fiber, more than 1 cup of oatmeal with 4 grams of fiber and a 1/2 cup of cooked broccoli with 2.6 grams of fiber. The fiber in peas can help you better manage your weight by keeping you feeling full longer.
2 pounds of peas, shelled
2 2/3 cup organic vegetable stock
2 2/3 cup cold water
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Stevia (start with 2 tsp. and add more if you’d like)
1. Boil peas for about 10 minutes until soft. Drain and pour into bowl of ice water (this will keep them bright green). Drain again.
2. Cover peas in pot with stock and cold water. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour mixture into blender, add stevia, and puree on medium-high speed. Serve hot or cold.
Make four servings
Subscribe to my newsletter for more tips on eating healthy!
Whether you call it reflection, meditation or prayer, it calms and clears your mind and provides for necessary inner health. Our world is so busy and if we allow the external happenings around us to integrate with our inner peace, stress and physical illness can ensue.
There are many reasons why you should meditate, here a few:
Creates inner peace
Puts us in the present
This meditation will help you to regain feeling in control, removing the victim role and
empowering you to see that you choose how you act and how you react.
Set a timer for 15 minutes. If you have an interval setting, set it to chime at 5 minutes.
Sit with your spine straight, allowing your body to relax.
Allow your breathing to anchor you, focusing on your breaths becoming deeper and slower.
Continue to observe your breath for about five minutes.
Close your eyes, visualizing yourself in a place that naturally inspires peace within you.
Repeat to yourself, “I am peaceful and at ease” with each breath for 10 breaths.
Repeat to yourself, “I have control over my actions and reactions” with each breath for 10 breaths.
Repeat to yourself, “I choose what I allow into my life” with each breath for 10 breaths.
Bring your focus back to your breathing, reassessing your body and allowing any area that may
have begun to tense up to relax. When the timer sounds, gently bring your awareness to your entire body.
As you become ready, open your eyes.
Have you ever meditated before? Comment below on your experience.
Welcome! Your event is an exciting time and it’s when you will officially introduce your business to the world! The purpose of your first event to to generate interest, leads, bookings and introducing them to the product. Don’t worry if everyone doesn’t buy something that first time. Your event is all about preparation, so here are some helpful tips:
1. Hold three events over a period of 2 days for 2 hours each. For example, you may want to have an event on Friday evening from 6-8, Saturday 12-2pm, and 6-8pm. This allows flexibility that someone may be available as everyone seems to be very busy these days.
2. You will want to set up a nice display with a tablecloth, stand to display your oils, flowers (optional), cotton squares to put a drop of oil on it so people are not accidentally touching their noses on the bottle when smelling.
3. You will want to invite everyone you know using email, text, phone, mail, evite, and social media.
- Kid’s contacts
You will want to follow-up with everyone you invited a week in advance and then the day before the event.
4. Kits make it easy to introduce family and friends. It typically includes ISSUES OF MAGAZINES, SAMPLE BOTTLES OF ESSENTIAL OILS and INVITATION CARDS.
5. Finally! I want to share with you a secret. The secret is in the follow-up. You will want to follow-up with your leads within 24 hours to get a firm date on the calendar. Be sure to send each guest a personal note whether they purchased or not. They came to your event and supported you and you never know if they are interested in holding an event of their own.
Be sure to let your mentor know when you have your first event scheduled so they can help you with any questions.
Cheers to your success!