I don’t know about you, but I love a simple fresh recipe that bursts with color and flavor. As a board certified health coach and gluten free guru, I look for simple recipes that are loaded with nutrients and keeps me satisfied for hours. This is one of my personal favorites. You can make it and store for up to 3 days and keep it for whenever you need something quick & satisfying.
Photo credit: Myrecipes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 drop basil essential oil
1 drop oregano essential oil
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
10 ounces spinach
1/3 cup plain yogurt
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1. In a sauté pan mix olive, basil, and oregano oils.
2. Add green onions and garlic, and sauté on medium heat until tender.
3. Add spinach in small bunches until wilted and heated through. Set aside.
4. Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper together.
5. Add yogurt to egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Place drained spinach mixture in a nonstick cake or pie pan.
7. Pour egg mixture over spinach and gently mix.
8. Add feta and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, until firm.
Posted on October 21, 2013, in Recipes with Love and tagged balance, basil, busy, certified health coach, children, Cook, Cooking, eating, education, eggs, Essential oil, essential oils, family, Feta, food, Frittata, Garlic, green, health, health coach, health coaching, healthy, healthy cooking, healthy eating, healthy life, healthy living, holistic healer, holistic health, holistic health coach, holistic health coaching, Home, IL, Illinois, Ingredient, appetizer, nourishing, olive oil, onion, oregano, salt, savory, snack, spinach, tasty, treat, vegetarian, wellness, yummy. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.